Sunday, February 22, 2009

Haikus


I've been inspired by my friend Julie to write some haikus, and I've decided to keep the momentum going by creating a blog where I can share them. For now, I am sticking with the traditional 5-7-5 format.

Here are a few to start with:

Lacking motivation,
The young girl just rolled over
And went back to sleep.

*******

The purpose of art
Is to lead you deeper
Into your own heart.

*******

She dreamed of flying
Over the tall green mountains
Into the wide sky.

*******

Please let spring come soon --
I need to see some flowers.
They will soothe my soul.

*******

Cosmo in her hand,
The young woman glides toward him,
Seeking adventure.

*******

She picks up the phone,
Rapidly punches numbers,
Not stopping to think.

*******


No comments:

Post a Comment